Saturday, August 25, 2012

Toasted Sesame Garlic Dressing Recipe Homage to the Lobster Pot, Green Salad with Green Beans and Walnuts

Provincetown Mass. is probably one of the most beautiful places on the planet and definitely one of my favorites. It is a magical place full of the promise of freedom and Summer openness in a way that few places can mirror. It's setting on the hills above a blue bay curving around in on itself and capped with a light house that beckons as well as warns. Beckons "come and partake" but warns to ""leave all your judgements and prejudice" at the harbor's mouth. The houses rise in clusters and rows winding up the narrow streets that branch off from the water's edge. Gardens and flowers are everywhere, testimonial to the season and the Summer's rebellion against the harsh Winter that is bound to follow as if it were yet declaring,"I am here and blossom in my season regardless of what fierce cold and blustery winds you will bring in your time, this is mine and i am Alive"!

The town bustles with Families and groups of friends and strangers engaged in the business of summer fun. And that of course involves dining and eating. And that means Seafood and one of the landmark establishments that celebrates seafood is of course The Lobster Pot. www.ptownlobsterpot.com/ 

SO as you can tell I must be a fan! Well I am mostly in the sense that my friends and I who go every Summer have a tradition of going for dinner once during our time there. And we always have a great meal and a lot of drinks! 

One of the highlights which might seem silly it the salad that accompanies the dinners. It is nothing more than a big bowl of various lettuces and a tray of 4 dressings. Blue Cheese, Toasted Sesame, Creamy Garlic, and Italian. You can pick whatever dressings you want. Well somewhere along the way someone discovered that if you mix the Toasted Sesame Dressing with the Creamy Garlic you get a taste sensation! I mean this stuff is Yummy Good! So of course we always end up asking for more lettuce and eat a very healthy portion of salad with our meals. 

Well I came back from Ptown aka Provincetown, and decided why not just make a dressing that was a combo of the two. Well it worked and I created a dressing that was garlicky and thick and herbal with that toasted sesame undertone. With this dressing I decided on the fly to put together a salad for my dinner party that night. So I shredded up 1 head of romaine and some basil leaves and chopped up about 4 oz of french green beans. I also crushed up some fresh walnuts and thought that would add some more texture and make a nice topping. Also I added a touch of grated parmesan cheese but you could leave that out. I just love cheese. I cut some tomatoes into wedges and lined the out side of the plate. Piling the dressed salad in a mound in the middle and then garnishing with the crushed walnuts. I added in some chopped scallions ( the white parts ) and viola! I had a great salad! 

Creamy Toasted Sesame Garlic Dressing

3/4 cup Mayo
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil 
2 tablespoon garlic oil ( if you don't have garlic oil add another teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Worchestershire
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Italian Dried Herbs
2 teaspoons Dried Basil
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
1 teaspoon white vinegar

Put into a dressing bottle and shake everything together till creamy, add more sesame oil if you want it more pronounced.
Enjoy Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment