Tuesday, September 11, 2012

7up Biscuits, Southern and No Joke Good!

Ok. I have to admit that sometimes I read the vast sea of recipes out on the internet and wonder, "who really cooks all of these"? I mean there are soooooo many out there. However, when I am researching a topic I try very hard to stick to classic ideas and recipe fornulas. In fact, I try to make up things myself, even if I find out later that my idea like so many things is hardly a new one or that someone has thought of before. Like they say there is nothing new under the sun!

But every now and then I stumble upon a recipe that I think, Really??? Oh come on, that's just ridiculous. And so it is with this one. I know it sounds crazy, but in this case it really is pretty AMAZING! No I mean could be the best biscuit I have ever made. I was just having a discussion with my friend Melissa at work and this came up. Well the subject of biscuits came up. She was telling me how she is a little bit obsessed with them and how she would like to make more of them. Well I said cool lets have a biscuit making day and we will experiment with all kinds of biscuits. Well that hasn't happened yet ( but it will and you all will get the full report when it does) but I found this recipe online while researching something random and decided last night for dinner to just try them out. Well let me tell you, they were so easy and stupid good, no I mean stupid good. So I can't take credit for them, but here is the well known recipe for 7up Biscuits. You can find them all over the internet but I thought I'd just write out the recipe for you. Enjoy Ya'll!!

7up Biscuits


3 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft wet dough.( I had to flour the board and add more mix to the top to smooth out)
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment