Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bourbon Vanilla Buttermilk Milkshakes

So this is a recipe whose time has come for fall! Who doesn't love milkshakes. Well I was reading one
of my favorite blogs that I follow Noble Pig http://noblepig.com/ , and she had a recipe for these Bulgarian Buttermilk milkshakes with Vanilla ice cream and Bourbon.

Well I have been making Vanilla Bourbon Milkshakes for awhile. I made them many years ago for an On the Plate event and have made them for parties ever since. The reason I like them is simple, they are an easy no fuss dessert, and let's face it they are pretty awesomely tasty!

Well the idea of using buttermilk sounded awesome. I mean I love finding uses for buttermilk in foods. I just love it's rich bitter flavor and how it can enhance flavors. Buttermilk reminds me of my Big Mama, who had a glass of buttermilk everyday of her life I think! Now I did not have anything but regular old American buttermilk not finding the Bulgarian variety, and that's what I used in place of the regular whole milk I would normally use in my recipe. Well they came out great so give them a try. They are an easy and different taste for your holiday desserts. Enjoy Ya'll!



Bourbon Vanilla Buttermilk Shakes

6 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 shots of bourbon
Canister of Real Whipped Cream

Place all ingredients in a blender and whirl whirl whirl!! Pour into 4 glasses, top with whipped cream and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. delicious AND nutritious (for the soul!) - and filled w/love

    ReplyDelete